On Monday, August 31, we went to my 40 week appointment. At that appointment, I learned my blood pressure was high, which was unusual for my pregnancy. My doctor sent me to the hospital to start the induction process. Brad and I weren't quite sure what to expect. Needless to say, we were excited, nervous, and anxious all at the same time. We thought by the end of the day or early on Tuesday, we would have our baby. We were so, so, so wrong :) The doctor took a less aggressive approach and tried to induce labor as 'naturally' as possible. After two rounds of Cervidil (each lasting 12 hours), I still had not progressed.At 3:30 pm on Tuesday, September 1, the doctor started the Pitocin. This made me extremely nervous, because up until this point, I had not experienced any contractions. I didn't know what to expect. At 11 pm, I had only dilated to a 4. A short time later, I received my epidural (the miracle drug). The doctor broke my water a little after midnight. At 2 am, I was still only at 5. Brad and I were both getting nervous---we just wanted our baby to be here. The doctor continued to increase the Pitocin. At this point, I didn't care---I wasn't feeling much.
At 6 am on Wednesday, September 2, I had fully dilated---it was go time. My doctor arrived around 6:30 am. At 8:20 am, Charles Allen Mock finally made his appearance. Brad and I were flooded with emotions--we finally had our baby.
Congrats Kelly and Brad! I can't wait to meet little Charlie in person. We'll be in touch to see when would be a good time for us to visit! Love the blog, and you will love it too...such a fun way to share stories/pics of the baby!
ReplyDeleteKathleen